Saturday, October 9

Farmers Gastropub

This week's post will be short, sweet, and dedicated to informing you about a restaurant I tried today. I heard about it a while ago, and finally decided to go after spotting it last night while leaving The Moxie (another great local thing everyone should know about!) and I'm glad I did.

Farmers Gastropub can be found in the Wilhoit Plaza on Jefferson Avenue. Their hours are a bit complicated, you can find them on their website in the About section. The menu at this restaurant is constantly changing, which leads me to the coolest thing about it: Farmers Gastropub uses as much fresh, locally grown, organic and sustainable ingredients as possible. Today, on my first visit to the restaurant, I ordered a cup of the daily soup, which was a delicious butternut squash, the English pub staple of fish and chips, and finished it off with a perfect crème brulée. Everything was really great and I can't wait to go back again someday for Sunday Brunch! 

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this place! It rocks the Casbah! I also love the Clash! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of this place before, and it sounds pretty cool. I think one of my friends works there, so I'll definitely check it out at some point in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How expensive is this place cause it sounds interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds really good, I'll definitely have to check it out sometime. Creme Brulee is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so neat. Did not know we had an organic restuarant here. I will have to try it sometime

    ReplyDelete
  6. The prices were a bit higher than I expected. I can't remember the exact numbers, but you can check out the menus/prices on their website!

    ReplyDelete