Thursday, December 9

The Final Countdown...

It's the end of the semester, and what have I done. Well, I know what I haven't done. I haven't written about tv shows much, but if you haven't yet... you need to watch Arrested Development. Come on.

Okay, now down to business. I know I've focused more on local things for this blog but since I've been talking more about crafts and vintage stuff, I thought I would share a few more great Etsy shops with you for this last class post. Not sure if I will continue the blog or not, since my track record with keeping up blogs has not been so great in the past. I hope, though, that I will keep crafting and finding new things that I can share here. Maybe you can do some holiday shopping. : )

First, I'd like to share a few artists from whom you can buy prints. I never thought of art as being very accessible to me before I discovered Etsy. There are all kinds of artists from whom you can buy original art or prints for not a lot of money. Not only are you able to support an artist, but you have a unique piece that can't be found on allposters.com! Here are a few of my favorites:
thisisalliknow has the most magical looking prints and original paintings for sale... I've saved a few of the images to use as backgrounds on my computer because I find them so hypnotic.
HideNSeek is another one of my favorites.  I have a copy of this print on my wall, and it's lovely and wintry in a nice way. She also uses her prints in jewelry, hand mirrors, and other items.
jessgonacha has delightful, colorful prints and other items.
SophieBlackall may be my all time favorite artist on Etsy... she bases many of her paintings and drawings off of "Missed Connections" from craigslist.com. The sweet and poetic
ones, not the creepy ones.
RetroWhale's paintings of movie characters (lots of Wes Anderson) and other random things are truly awesome.

Of course, Etsy also hosts a countless number of great jewelry and accessory designers:
LaraLewis, another one of my favorite Etsy sellers, sells vintage Estate style jewelry and has a huge selection, most of which is quite reasonably priced. (And when I say reasonably priced, I mean the price of something you'd buy at Target, not something that would be in a magazine's "just barely under $100" section).
Louloudo of Super Duper Things makes cute, every-day-wearable jewelry and accessories.
flightpathdesigns is cool. What else can I say? Awesome graphics put to use on belt buckles and necklaces.

I also love to find (maybe not to buy, but to be inspired by..) cool paper-craft sellers on Etsy.
Julianna Swaney of Oh My Cavalier  sells nice, seasonally-appropriate cards.
katygromball has a set of great, unique postcards.
LineaCarta's shop is chock-full of interesting cards, as well as other items like pencil cases.

Au revoir! Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. This list of Etsy stores is fantastic. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! I have never been to etsy? Im still a little confused what it is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could spend hours looking at Etsy, I am so glad you shared it! There are so many places like this that people don't even know exist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The art is pretty cool and cheap, I wouldn't mind spending 40 bucks on a cool painting.

    ReplyDelete